PDA

View Full Version : << Morph maps pain >>

chrispoatwork
01-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Get this:
I made tons of classy morph maps for my character (1 of 5), I saved it, copied the body only then opened up another character (2 of 5) and pasted in the body and made a new head, I then saw morph maps that I had made for the head of the last character in there, so I deleted them. I then opened up my first character and suprise suprise... it lost all its morph maps

3 hours wasted.

I then made them all out again and discovered my model was not to scale for to use IK on the legs with, so I scaled him down form 50' to 5' and then opened up layout to test out my morph mixer, ahhhhhhh..... It wrecked them all agian!

2 hours wasted.

I had also told a render to happen, it crashed.

My night wasted.

Is there any tips on doing these, I take it I should model first on all characters. Then apply mmaps?

Mylenium
01-20-2004, 06:26 AM
Yepp, always model everything first. Morphmaps store info relative to the origanal object and only inf that changes is stored in the morph. Along with other things such as changing internal ID-numbers of points this will screw things if you attempt a simple copy-paste approach. Maybe in v8 there is some fancy tool that will overcome this problem.

Mylenium

chrispoatwork
01-20-2004, 06:48 AM
So - how do I get round making a body and pasteing it into a new character? - yet still make morph maps?

Dodgy
01-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Select your points and 'Map>general>clear map' them from the vmap rather than deleting the morph map.

If you want to scale your object after you've made MMaps, you have to use Modify>scale>scale morph to alter them.