PDA

View Full Version : stopping time lapse in skytracer

3dgirl
01-19-2004, 11:32 PM
just trying to do a time lapse in skytracer 2 of a sun setting, but at the point where it's almost set i want to slow down to normal time....I've tried animating the envelope, entering a value of 28000, it gives me a sunset at frame 20 which is what I'm after, however no matter what i keyframe at frame 21, it goes straight into complete night. i would've thought that if i set time lapse back to 0, it would stop "timelapsing" immediatly. but it speeds through night and goes to morning.

if i don't set it as high as 28000 initially i don't get the sunset in time. does anyone know what these values refer to anyway?

Aegis
01-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Instead of doing a time-lapse, why not just animate the sun?

3dgirl
01-20-2004, 01:21 PM
oh i don't know it's been driving me nuts- when i set my suns position manually it doesn't seem to show up in the render- ie i can see the light in my camera view but when i render, there's no sun there (and yes it is the light I'm using as my sun). the only way i seem to be able to effect sun position is with the time of day in the sun position panel.

I've already built my scene, so there's a certain spot i need my sun to be at.

when i open a blank scene and add skytracer, just to test it, i actually can't move my skt sun at all, it just jumps back to it's original position all the time- why is that?

Aegis
01-20-2004, 03:15 PM
To get your own light (as opposed to the SKT one) to show up and work properly you'll need to set up a distance similar to the defaults for the SKT sun - if you target the camera so it looks at the light and vice versa you should see it. The SKT sun can't be animated 'cause it's controlled by the sun position stuff...