PDA

View Full Version : Smartskin & Bonetools

liquidik
01-19-2004, 03:44 PM
How are the new smartskin tools (rotate skelegons and joint morph+) integrating with the bonetools in layout??? They both seems very good tools but with different workflows. I was thinking if there is a way to use the bonetools and then do the morph targets for smartskin in modeler. Or for smartskin we should continue to rely on skelegons???

sire
01-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by liquidik
I was thinking if there is a way to use the bonetools and then do the morph targets for smartskin in modeler. Or for smartskin we should continue to rely on skelegons???
I didn't see any hint for no longer relying on skelegons in Proton's demo vids. Simple smartskin setups are already quite easy to do with the help of Vertex Paint in LW7.5. More complicated ones, which Joint Morph Plus actually is suited for, would be harder to prepare in Modeler even with Rotate Skelegons. Actually I see no great benefit in using Rotate Skelegons over Vertex Paint, rather the opposite. As I suggested in another thread, the cumulative way of handling compensation morphs in Joint Morph Plus better had to be reflected in a new Vertex Paint.

sire
01-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Errm... On a closer look the morphs in Joint Morph Plus don't seem to be cumulative but rather cascading...

eacide
01-20-2004, 05:18 PM
if you want to get cumulative effect, apply as many smartskin modifiers as you have morphs on the same object.

==> feature request... It would be nice if we could use a blending value similar to "layer opacity" in the deform pannel.

sire
01-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by eacide
==> feature request... It would be nice if we could use a blending value similar to "layer opacity" in the deform pannel.
Yeah, that would be cool. With envelopes of course!

eacide
01-21-2004, 10:46 AM
that is exactly what I was thinking of :D