PDA

View Full Version : Nice rack & cases

cybis
01-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Good day,
I purchased my VT3 computer from Safe Harbor in a 4U rack mountable case. Now I'm looking for a nice padded (fit for airline travel) case with wheels. I'd just assume mount it in the new case, but that's not critical. I primarily ordered the rack mountable PC because it seemed to be more compact. Any suggestions out there?

Secondary question... those who travel with their VT3, do you check it as luggage or do you FedEx it?

Thanks!
Jeff

wvp
01-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Do a search on Goofle for rackmount cases
quick search found sites such as caseman.com
As for shipping / checking on plane. Keep in mind almost all airlines charge at least $25 for items 51-70lbs. some will charge even more for over 70 while others will not even accept. This is for checked baggage.Checked luggage is limited to 2 pieces and quite expensive for a 3rd.
UPS may be the best route.

PIZAZZ
01-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Contact me at the office or by email.

I might have a couple of options for you. I have sold clients several different case designed for travel.

I would definitely buy the cheapest case you find since it will house quite an investment inside it. Calzone, Anvil, Olympic, and Opticase are my favorite. The key thing you want to look for is good shockmounting and the correct depth for the CPU case. Not all Rackmount cases are easy to rack. You might need a custom depth case built for you.

Is there anything else you would like to put in the case with the CPU? like a LCD monitor or ???

office line is 888-860-9283
email is jef at pizazzme dot com

I have been in the production business for years and have always strived for the perfect case. Give me a shout and let's see what we can come up with.