PDA

View Full Version : Free, simple script (Set Scale v1.0)

Matt
01-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Hi all

I cobbled this script together the other day to help speed up the scaling of imported architectural plans / models etc.

Thought I'd share it with everyone.

Hope it's useful to someone!!!

Cheers
Matt

P.S. It's very simple btw, so don't be too excited!!! :)

Matt
01-19-2004, 09:56 AM
and the script . . .

(I wish you could attach images AND a file!)

robinson
01-19-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the script Matt,
Very useful :)

Titus
01-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Perfect! Now that I have two architectural projects in a row.

nixx
01-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Wow, Matt, I wrote almost the exact same script sometime ago, to help me with almost the exact same kind of work !!! I just never made it public because I thought "nah, who could find this useful" ! Hehe !
I named mine "real scale", and you had to always select just two points, and then tell it what their distance should be, either their X distance, Y, Z, or the true 3-dimensional distance.

I guess great minds do think alike, after all ! (how's that for arrogance posing as a compliment ? ;) hehe !)

nick

Matt
01-19-2004, 01:35 PM
I did think most people would have written something like this already!

Having never seen a similar script I posted this one for those who might not know _anything_ about lscript!

I was thinking of having a choice of which dimension to use, the true measured dimension (point to point) or the x,y,z delta. I have a 'measure points' script that displays both types of measurement already.

Cheers
Matt

mindseye
01-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey thanks!

I'll give this a try today...

mindseye
01-19-2004, 05:20 PM
nice.... It works great. I wish I would've been smart enough to
come up with this. I could've been using it for a few years now. I'm one of those that haven't bothered to learn Ls. Serves me right. I'm glad someone is looking out for me! ... now I need a "make complicated roof" and a "finish project" Ls.

Thanks a bunch man.

Mr Furious
10-11-2006, 09:37 AM
Excellent.....

Kurtis
10-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Matt,

Always glad to see someone provide something like this to the community. Thanks.

For reference, how does this differ from Absolute Size?

richdj
10-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Cheers Matt..

Earl
10-11-2006, 01:02 PM
An old thread, but I'm glad someone brought this back up since I apparently missed it in 2004. This is quite useful! Often I need to scale things quickly, and the best way is to take a known measurement in a CAD drawing and tell the computer how long that segment should really be.

Thanks Matt :D