PDA

View Full Version : adding text to film

freebie
01-19-2004, 03:00 AM
Hi all, I have been using LW for 6 months and the filming is ok, but post production is a 'black art'. .....
Does any software exist that I can use to add lines of text to a finished film (avi ?) produced from LW 7.5 ?

I am looking for something that will run in a separate screen but is linked to the LW produced film (for example assembly instructions to match the assembly of an motorcycle engine)

This is all new to me so sorry for the question.... Thanks, Freebie

Beamtracer
01-19-2004, 04:02 AM
As you would know, Lightwave isn't good for large amounts of text, because it must first convert text into polygons.

You need a video editing or compositing application. These can all do text.

Some examples:
Final Cut Pro
Adobe After Effects
Boris Red

There are many others.

freebie
01-23-2004, 06:16 AM
Thanks B for your help, can all those softwares add text in a separtate window to the output film? Have you any experience of Caption-It with Full motion video 4?

Freebie

bradl
01-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Newtek's own VT3 (http://www.newtek.com/products/vt/)... the perfect LW companion and you get a full seat of LW 7.5 with it. It can handle all your Post-production needs and more.

videoguy
01-25-2004, 11:25 AM
its like DUH why would you go with another package. newtek has the best post production and if u want live production system on earth for the money how much better can you get a full verison of lightwave. aura, tedit toaster cg it just plain rocks

freebie
01-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Thanks, of course there is an element of cost here, I was hoping for simple cheap solution for a simple problem. But when we can afford a new seat then vt3 and lw7.s combi is the answer. Thanks