PDA

View Full Version : Second attempt

Swami Rabbitima
03-10-2003, 07:19 AM
Hey all;

I know this isn't the best car anybody's ever seen, but I'm fiercely proud of it...you think that if I don't let the camera linger on it it'll fool somebody?

This is the beauty shot - am going to try a composite with a real BG when the weather's better.

mattclary
03-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Looks pretty good! I think you need to work on the lighting a little. Maybe use a reflection map or something? The gray reflection on the side almost makes it look cell shaded or something.

Simon
03-10-2003, 01:19 PM
I agree with mattclary, the reflections/light make the car surface look wavy/bendy like it has a high value bump on it .... infact it's making my eyes go funny ;) ... I'm sure it would benefit from tweaking it's environment.

Swami Rabbitima
03-11-2003, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I'm going to do the composite w/reflection map later. Thanks for the comments!

d8ed
03-13-2003, 01:06 PM
not to sound like an ***.. but this looks like it took all of 20 mins to slap together. i'd go back for a 3rd attempt and maybe a 4th or 5th. i remember my first car in LW and believe you me it wasnt any prettier than this one. this definitely belongs in the WIP section. also to get any real help on modeling, we need to be able to see how the car is made so a wireframe or a normal rendering without crazy jagged reflections would be a good idea. keep at it.

danilo
03-13-2003, 04:03 PM
Hi,
I like color of the car.It has deepnes.
danilo

renatolazzaroni
03-14-2003, 08:47 AM
To D8ed

Originally posted by d8ed
i'd go back for a 3rd attempt and maybe a 4th or 5th

Ouch, that might not be flaming, but that is definitely a, er, sharp way to make a point.
Let's try and be a little more neutral, shall we ?

To Swami
The WIP comment is correct. If it is a beauty render, as you say, it should not be here.
The highlights cannot be so "wavy", they make the surface look almost liquid. Whatever noise was put in the shaders should be removed.
I am wondering, is this an original design or not ? In any case, I am a little confused by the Lamborghini front and the plain Sedan back. But that is just my taste in cars. If you are into car modelling, and this is an original design, you should take the easy way first and model from existing blueprints. Plenty of those at car dealers.
One positive comment: the best parts are: the hood and the hidden headlights. Make the rest look like that, and you will have a great pic.

Renato

Swami Rabbitima
03-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks for everybody's comments! Yeah, I realize that it might not be everybody's cup o' tea as far as fine detailing goes (having been built from scratch, and not being a car gear head in the first place), but I am finished with this model. Sometimes, you just have to sit back and say "That'll do pig...that'll do."

Hurben
03-14-2003, 12:34 PM
It looks a bit a weird...