PDA

View Full Version : model a character

zecryan
01-18-2004, 07:00 PM
i am modeling a charater(sp) but i cant seem on how i can round the body (torus) out. Here is a pic to show you want i mean

Please help me if you can.

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 07:18 PM
generally, when you use subpatching, the MORE polygons you have the less rounded the model will get, unless you round out the polygons yourself. I see that the polygons in the middle area are all parallel to each other. You will need to make a rounder shape out of the polygons and the subpatching more or less works around it. If you dont understand what I mean just hollar ;)

zecryan
01-18-2004, 07:28 PM
I understand what you mean but the more ploy's the less round, but i dont understand how i would fix this model.

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 07:31 PM
take the middle-most polys and move them out a little, then take the end-most polys and move them in a little

;)

zecryan
01-18-2004, 07:53 PM
ok, how is this:? (well for my first real model of a torus/body)

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 07:56 PM
it was a low-res picture so i couldnt tell a whole lot about it but it looks like its getting better ;)

if you still cant get it to your liking you can send it to me and i will fix it up a little for ya (i'm bored)

note: if you post jpg's they will be displayed on your reply instead of having a link to download it like bmp's

zecryan
01-18-2004, 07:59 PM
sure if you could help me round out the body (and whatever else you think would be good) that wound be great, where show i e-mail the .lmo file to?

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 08:00 PM
if you have winzip you can attach it as a .zip file, if not, my e-mail address is [email protected], and i'm on MSN Messenger, so you can send it like that or just e-mail ;)