PDA

View Full Version : NEW NEW BobsOneTouch

Bobt
01-18-2004, 05:49 PM
BobsOneTouch. Its an auto white balancer for ya guys.

Here is the original. I had to work a bit. I tried 2 or three
different spots before I got the truest colors. It took me 2
second.

Entire Message Thread:
http://www.toastergarage.com/imageoriginal.gif
Here is after BobsOneTouch..

http://www.toastergarage.com/afteronetouch.gif

That will be out midweek!

Bob

Its Just Bob
bobt_AT_toastergarage.com

Bobt
01-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Here is how it works.

http://www.toastergarage.com/OneTouchFilter.gif

In this picture you can see the Control Tree view for
the BobsOneTouch filter.
You drop the filter under the clip.
You then choose from any of the 4 split screen
views. You then Click on the White Control which brings
up the Color Picker. Use the PickColor's Eye Droper
to choose which color you think is white.
Your done!
Can it be that simple? Yes it can with BobsOntTouch Filter
that is. I did the example above in about 1 second.

Bob

ted
01-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Why don't you just shoot it right the first time!:)

Just kidding. Nice work Bob. Several nice tools for our VT and helping to take the pressure off NewTek for some of our various specific needs.
Gotta get some of your stuff.

bbeanan
01-18-2004, 08:51 PM
ok Bob and you sleep when??? You sure have been busy whipping up these great new toys.

Keep up the great work!

wvp
01-19-2004, 07:32 PM
you offering any package deals for your "suite" of needed T3 features?

Bobt
01-19-2004, 07:37 PM
I posted this elsewhere.
Not yet and probably not for a month or so.
Currently I am way too busy trying to get
other stuff out the door. As they say I am not
done yet! There are so MANY details so little time.

Bob

Bobt
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Just and FYI BobsOneTouch white balancer goes on sale
tomorrow from my website www.toastergarage.com
It will be an electronic delivery.

Bob

Scott Bates
01-22-2004, 07:51 AM
This is really slick folks. I used it for real the first day out of the box yesterday. Did a couple 8mm home movie transfers and a section of one of them was way off color, kind of a 'canned pea green' tint. Cut that section to isolate it from the rest, dropped BobsOneTouch under it, clicked a couple times and Bam, most of the way there. Monkeyed with a couple other minor adjustments and it looks as good as that 50 year-old film is ever going to look.

Liber777
01-23-2004, 01:31 PM
So if if I have a whole bunch of clips all cut from the same camera footage and want to balance them the same, all I have to do is select white from one of the clips and then stretch this filter under all of the clips to apply the same CC?

Thanks,
Stivan

UnCommonGrafx
01-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Yup!!
It is that simple. Or, you could put one under each clip, if they don't match perfectly.

I'm hoping he'll be able to tween the colors so we can balance for flicker, too.

He's really on a ball. I'm hoping his next piece of work will get us package pricing. Better for us all and the more that buy the more we'll get!!

Liber777
01-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I purchased Bob's MultiCam plug-in from the honourable Mr. Bowie and finished up a the last quarter or so of a long show, and I must say it definitely saved me a lot of time over my manual method.

I just wish NewTek had this capability integrated into VT-Edit.

This latest one from Bob looks like a slick timesaver as well, especially with the split screen. Very nice. I haven't even purchased it yet, but I think the option for a diagonal split would be very useful....

Good one, Bob!

UnCommonGrafx
01-23-2004, 02:44 PM
Quit wishing -- Bob's taking care of what we need so support him. When NewTek offers us these things, I hope it's with a reworked piece of art that gets over many of the present limitations.

The tools Bob is providing us is well within their realm. But I would much rather they dealt with some of the hardcore issues of stability and enhanced core operations. Clips locking to the timeline and filters to clips, an expressions editor for all animatable functions, etc. ect. etc. Give me what I can do in DFX, live and in living color on my TEdit line!!! Hell, just integrate the code of Aura, LW, and the CG into a well rounded hooked up app!!! That's the grail we all seek; it's the IP they own. :shrug:

Until then, I defer to Bob's offerings as a means to the bells and whistles that get me past my feature envy. And that there's someone else looking out for my (our) interests with programming skills, no less, I'm dunglessly happy to have his offerings. :cool:

NewTek has a much bigger job ahead.
Wish I could be there to see what they show at NAB...

Liber777
01-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Stop wishing for functionality that I could really use?

I purchased Bob's Multicam plug-in and it's a great tool, definitely a tremendous help, but for the work I've been doing lately, it would be a real boon to have this capability integrated into VT-Edit so that I could scrub both ways in the timeline and be able to work with the camera edits.

But for now, I'll happily take Bob's MultiCam plug, and I've also just ordered the OneTouch as well.

I do agree with you though that NewTek should focus on stability issues as job one, and I would expect that they are. I'm having problems with software hangs on this latest project and I'm losing a LOT of time because of it...

~Stivan

UnCommonGrafx
01-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Do you really want an answer to this or is it actually a rhetorical question?
:)
I had one typed up but tossed it.

Originally posted by Liber777
Stop wishing for functionality that I could really use?

~Stivan

Liber777
01-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey Robert. Naw, let's just leave it as rhetorical and move on. I understand the point you're making from the earlier posts.

I do have a problem with some footage I was editing prior to putting Bob's MultiCam to work, however, and since it looks like you've done a bunch of this stuff, perhaps you can help me out....

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17118

Thanks,
Stivan