PDA

View Full Version : NewTek... are you out there somewhere?

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 04:25 PM
when I come to this feature requests forum, I feel like I'm sending Tom Cruise an e-mail. If you don't know what I mean by that, try sending Tom Cruise an e-mail. He'll NEVER respond. The reason I feel like this is that I dont usually see any of the NewTek staff posting replies to our requests. I would just like to know which of our requests NewTek is acting on.

:rolleyes:

no offense to NewTek as they do an outstanding job, especially with communicating updates to us in the forums, and with the actual programming of Lightwave (whoever does that) but I would just like to know what their policy is with forum requests and what probability there is of NewTek acting upon a request

:)

Elmar Moelzer
01-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey SamuraiSlayer!
I can assure you that NewTek is watching you... ahem I mean these forums ;)
The people at NewTek will rarely give away information on what exactly they are workin on, though.
However people there are very aware of all the feature- requests here. Please understand though, that it is impossible to adress all feature- requests immedeately. It can take some time (and updates) until a feature- request will be adressed. Other might be adressed earlier. This depends on a lot of factors, like whether it fits into what is the focus of a current update, etc...
CU
Elmar

Karmacop
01-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Your other option ti to send your request to [email protected]tek.com where you usually get a confirmation email from Deuce! ;)

WilliamVaughan
01-18-2004, 08:33 PM
We are listening.....

Give this some thought. Take the amount of threads in this section of teh forums, now think of how many threads are on our entire forums.

Now multiply that by the number of forums that are online....don't stop there....

Think about all the emails that are sent to [email protected], what about all the mailing lists, what about.......

get the idea? We are listening and reading but can't possibly reply to everything.

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 08:37 PM
thanks proton, i see you pay attention, otherwise you wouldnt have came to the feature requests forum ;)

i understand the amount of messages and requests you get, but something that i'm trying to get at is... what is your policy with civilian requests and what's involved in the process of acting upon a request?

DigitalDeuce
01-18-2004, 08:41 PM
I do the very best I can to follow up with any feature requests -- it's just that with all the work too - it's hard !!

Everyone has good ideas, and I have a file for them that I compile.

We're listening -- please know that.

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by DigitalDeuce
We're listening -- please know that.

i know all of you are listening

thanks for your time :)

i guess it's just a curiosity of mine ;)

DigitalDeuce
01-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Here's the way I'm gonna approach it --

We release a version, then we rest for an hour and then decide - ok, now, next release --

Developers will have their own "hey, I wanted to do this, but couldn't for the release, so lemme do that"

Then we'll look thru the user submitted and beta tester submitted features, and then rank them based on diffuculty of implementing.

Those that are deemed easy, get listed -- then maybe a handful of difficult and one or two impossible. :D

Then we proceed with the new builds -

Make sense ?

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 08:52 PM
yup, makes sense ;)

Karmacop
01-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Deauce, if you go through the feature request boards and add them to your database of requests, why not post a message in the thread if you add it to the database, and exactly what you wrote in the database? Or is this too much work?

WilliamVaughan
01-18-2004, 10:20 PM
I would be suprised if he has that kind of time.....NewTek keeps him very busy :)

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 10:25 PM
well as long as we know NewTek is torturing you guyz then we're ok :p

Matt
01-19-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by DigitalDeuce
I have a file for them that I compile

I must have my own folder with all the junk I keep posting!!! ;)

SamuraiSlayer
01-19-2004, 03:34 AM
wow matt ur up early in the morning ;)

Nemoid
01-19-2004, 05:37 AM
This is a good example of great feedback, Elmar Proton and Deuce!! You rock!!

We are surely posting alot of requests here and there both in forums and in mail address, sometimes claiming and whining, but I think most of times is passion that speaks in these cases.

Happy to see Nt reads all this stuff and take into consideration the good suggestions ! :D

P.S. did you read the HrGiger modeler features requests collection? I think its a really good thread at all, for 8 and 8.x releases

CB_3D
01-19-2004, 08:11 AM
I have to say that i was pleasantly suprised to find many requests i did an year earlier fullfilled in the 7.+ releases.

So, yeah, post away. One of the things i noticed to be beneficial is to include pics with explanations to demonstrate what you need or want changed.

Hmmm, but still i am waiting for consistency between Layout and modeler. I am curious if Display Options and General Options in Modeler are still in 2 seperate panels opposed to the one in Layout ...that being one funny example that you better specify exactly what you mean when posting your ideas.

SamuraiSlayer
01-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Nemoid
P.S. did you read the HrGiger modeler features requests collection? I think its a really good thread at all, for 8 and 8.x releases

they had to have read his poll, its now a "sticky"

Matt
01-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SamuraiSlayer
wow matt ur up early in the morning ;)

You're joking aren't you! Me, up early! :)

It's (was) 10:34 AM GMT I posted, that's not early! :)

SamuraiSlayer
01-19-2004, 11:39 AM
when you posted it was 5:34 AM for me, so i guess you could consider that early. ;)

now its 1:40 pm

Matt
01-19-2004, 12:05 PM
the board displays times to your timezone, be nice if it worked out the differences.

hrgiger
01-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SamuraiSlayer
they had to have read his poll, its now a "sticky"

Actually, they haven't made the modeler request list "sticky" yet. Although, Proton if you're listening and watching this thread, you could probably make the modeler request list sticky and release the LW8 feature list polls. They've been up there for almost a year now...

SamuraiSlayer
01-19-2004, 04:05 PM
i must have been thinking about your 3 different polls :)

Exper
01-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Yep... now we're in "Rebirth-age"! :D

Bye.

Nemoid
01-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by hrgiger
Actually, they haven't made the modeler request list "sticky" yet. Although, Proton if you're listening and watching this thread, you could probably make the modeler request list sticky and release the LW8 feature list polls. They've been up there for almost a year now...

yap, I think modeler feature list is a very valid thread, while many things of features polls have been addressed. one friend of mine didn't simply understand at first that these polls were so old, right now,and had to explain to him. :D