PDA

View Full Version : Point-to-point lines

aso3
01-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Hi,

I'm really new to Lightwave so excuse me. My first question is how to draw a line point-to-point in Modeler 7? I'd like to use a tool just as the "draw spline" option but then with straight lines. Is it possible?

Second question, Once I've draw some shapes with connected points I want to attach it to a plane. I suggest I need to insert a vertex on one of the edges of the plane so that I can connect both. How to insert a vertex on an existing line?

Greetings,
Rick

GruvSyco
01-18-2004, 06:58 PM
for the first part of your question, you could always just draw out the end points for yout line, select 2 points at a time and make 2 point polys.

http://66.124.151.154/line.gif

not sure what you are asking for the second part.

GruvSyco
01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
another option might be to see if any of the "extender" type tools would work with a single point, this could almost simulate drawing lines... I tried it with the native LW extender and Ikeda's extender... neither one seemed to work.

evenflcw
01-18-2004, 10:24 PM
Have a go at these perhaps:
http://w1.851.telia.com/~u85113006/files/lscripts/linetools/

Four scripts. The names say it all. But should you like more info or a peek at the code just open them up in Notepad or simular. Personally I only use MakeOrExtendLine, which will either extend a line or create a chain of lines depending on the selection.

Comments and crits are welcome. Enjoy!

aso3
01-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks for all the tips!
Well, I found out that the pen tool was good enough for me as well so that's fixed. As for the second question, maybe I can explain it better;
How can I add an extra vertex on an already existing line(edge)? For example, first I create a simple polygon with just 3 vertices=3 lines. After that I want to add an extra vertex so I can make a square from the shape because it has 4 lines now.

I hope it's clear now.
Thanks for helping!
Rick

IZZE
01-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Use the Add Point tool under the Construct tab while the poly is selected. coo?

aso3
01-19-2004, 03:17 PM
So simple... That's exactly what I mean, thanks!

Rick