PDA

View Full Version : I am sooooo confused

jbcaro
01-18-2004, 12:43 PM
VT[2] CG has got me so confused. At first I couldn't figure out how to get text to scroll or crawl. The manual says that there are buttons labeled scroll and crawl and you select one if you want that particular page to have that effect. Those buttons don't appear to be on the CG application. The only button is actually a dropdown list for direction of the scoll/crawl.

OK. Not sure what I did but now I can get the text that I insert to perform both scrolls and crawls. The problem now is, I want to create a page that does not scroll or crawl and I can't make the text static.

What gives??? This has got to be one of the worst applications that I have ever tried to use.

I certainly hope that VT[3] CG is better by at least an order of magnitude, because it will need to be in order to overcome VT[2] CG's shortcomings.

Ivan
01-18-2004, 01:31 PM
If you save the page as a .png it will be a still page.

Ivan

jbcaro
01-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks Ivan. Never would have thunk it.

I would still, if possible, like an answer from somebody on what is the proper way to title in CG. Where are the scroll/crawl buttons?

Also, something else I noticed. For some reason, when I scroll (up) and want to text to stop, I must set the text high on the screen in order for it to stop centered on the output screen. That is very odd. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

bradl
01-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by jbcaro
VT[2] I certainly hope that VT[3] CG is better by at least an order of magnitude, because it will need to be in order to overcome VT[2] CG's shortcomings. VT3 itself is better by an order of magnitude, unfortunately, the CG module did not rise to the hopes and dreams of VT'ers everywhere. There were improvements, but not many and it is very much the same as VT2. I think it is a shame.

I did not use it in VT2, and I still don't use it with VT3. Some use it succesfully and God bless em, but at this time I use Photoshop exclusively. I have a script available on this forum to automate the CG page creation in PS, in case you are interested.