PDA

View Full Version : seeking some collaborators

SamuraiSlayer
01-17-2004, 11:14 AM
hey all :)

i'm beginning work on a new feature, based in Japan, with a semi-photoreal anime type of feel to it

i came here looking for some modelors/animators and i'm not yet sure about the sound part of it

i haven't completed the script or any base lines yet so it may be a few more weeks but i'm getting really serious about this project

for your help you will be put in the end credits with any contact information you wish to include

thx :) :)

EDIT: you can contact me either here in the forums or on MSN Messenger, [email protected]

(my MSN handle is also in my signature \/ below)

Kvaalen
01-17-2004, 11:24 AM
There are so many people that start projects like these and many times they are so serious when they start (at least they claim so). Then whether it is because they can't or if they loose interest they discontinue the project.

I really don't think you'll be able to find any collaborators unless you first of all start and show some real serious progress (or unless they are friends).

Also many people would prefer to start their own project or join a team that has already done a lot and looks promising.

I'm not trying to say you shouldn't ask... there isn't any thing wrong with that. It's just I wouldn't keep my hopes up too high.

Just some advise. Start and if people like it they will be much more likely to join. :)

SamuraiSlayer
01-17-2004, 11:51 AM
yea i know what ur saying, and i'm starting work on it right now, but its still worth an early try

;)

EDIT: Kvaalen, checked out ur site, nice HV tutorial :)

KillMe
01-17-2004, 02:33 PM
yeah i'm starting my own little project too but i descided to do a timothy albee and go it alone

got afew similaritys as his too characters are dogs anyway =) but mine is a fantasy tale of magic and evil gods but it was kaze ghost warrior that inspire me

now if i hadn't been doing my own i might have been tempted to help as i do love anime

anyway if you have any of your stuff done yet would love to see the style your going for

SamuraiSlayer
01-17-2004, 02:35 PM
hey KillMe: while i'm finding some collaborators and finishing up this script, i could help you a little on your project, because as i believe, "What Goes Around, Comes Around"

i gotta take a break from this project sometimes so i end up having some free time

KillMe
01-17-2004, 02:48 PM
well at the moment i'm ok but thanks for the offer

the bit i'm likely to need help help on is character animation but thats a long ways off for now - only just begun teh first character

infact i'm counting on lw 8 to make rigging and animating that much easier

this is him so far
http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/attachment.php?s=&postid=454610

SamuraiSlayer
01-18-2004, 03:12 PM
interesting little thing there, KillMe (the dog) :)

so far i've found 1 collaborator... it's a start :rolleyes:

well KillMe, in response to your request, I will post WIP later on, at the moment I'm battling a few elements ;)