PDA

View Full Version : select polygons from surfaces

SamuraiSlayer
01-17-2004, 10:40 AM
i know that 8 is about to be released, and i don't know if you can already do this in 7, but i think it would be nice to have it where you can go to the surface menu and click on a surface and have it select the polygons that the surface is assigned to

if, as i said, it already is like that please tell me HOW

if it isnt, then it would be a nice feature in 8 or in an 8 upgrade

bloontz
01-17-2004, 12:36 PM
If you are already aware of this please ignore. Not as direct as you are thinking but you can select by surface in the Polygon Statistics window. Click the arrow to the right of Surf: and select your surface then click the + to the left.

SamuraiSlayer
01-17-2004, 12:39 PM
i see what you're saying now :)

but i think it would be a lot better if they could have something like that in the surface menu ;)

Nemoid
01-18-2004, 05:37 AM
In poligon statistic panel you can select any poligons related to every surface you made, plus every kinda poligons or subpatches when in poly selection mode. you can select 1, 2 or 3 , 4 and >4 points poligons to work on them, parts (another poly grouping system not related to surfaces ) etc.

I think its very useful as it is right now.

you will find very easy to work with this and other panels
opened at the side of the main window with viewports so that when you work you use and view statistic, numeric and layers
in this way you don't have to open them everytime!
this is very valid especially if you run Lw in 1280x1024

sorry if i missed your point.