PDA

View Full Version : LW8 OpenGL and dual monitors?

PixelDust
01-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Just wondering... Will the OpenGL improvements in LW8 affect dual monitor performance? That is, will the second monitor be able to take advantage of OGL acceleration?

When I had Modeler and Layout on separate monitors, I'd get weird artifacts on the second monitor. I'm using a Quadro 4 XGL 980 in Win XP, using Nvidia Twinview. Could be a video driver thing, but I'm not sure.

BTW, I think the new OGL in 8 will be great! Textured wireframe should help with texture and UV mapping, and hidden line and colored wireframes, and no more dithered transparency - mmmm, I can't wait! :D

bloontz
01-17-2004, 10:24 AM
I run a Quadro 900 XGL with dual monitors. If you set the driver to Horizontal Span you sould be able to get it to work.

Lamont
01-17-2004, 12:28 PM
It depends on what res you are running too. I run at 3200x1200 and it's ok. I am using a GF4 ti4200. I usually have LW and 3DS Max open at the same time.

PixelDust
01-17-2004, 03:07 PM
bloontz, where is "horizontal span" in the driver settings? I looked in both the Properties>Advanced settings in Win XP, and the NView Desktop Manager. The closest thing I could find was "Enable Window spanning across monitors", and "Enable child window spanning across monitors". This was in Nview Desktop Manager, Windows Tab.

I'm using Nvidia's Detonator Driver (not the driver that came with my Quadro), version 6.14.10.4403.

Thanks!