PDA

View Full Version : Lemon on the Run...

blabberlicious
01-17-2004, 04:08 AM
Why so scared?.....because he's about to be flattened into Children's fruit snack!

Any Fruit related comments, or puns greatfully apprciated.

blabberlicious
01-17-2004, 04:14 AM
This is a 3 page gatefold layout for a press ad...which includes the Lemon's Nemisis, 'Sadie'.

She delights in tracking down 'normal' fruit to crush into product...

When I tell people what I do for a living, I sometimes get strange looks :-)

Steve

p.s

We are in the process of rigging her for animation, so Come on LW8, we need you!

danilo
01-17-2004, 05:19 AM
Nice,
to bad he has no legs,
danilo

julos
01-17-2004, 05:25 AM
hehe i like it, i like the second one better, i like the colorful and "children's look".

blabberlicious
01-17-2004, 06:17 AM
Cheers. I like your comic strip too...

Here anoher charcter I'm working on...for my own personal pleasure...

Originally posted by julos
hehe i like it, i like the second one better, i like the colorful and "children's look".

blabberlicious
01-17-2004, 06:18 AM
and in the buff..!

veljko
01-19-2004, 01:51 AM
Hi,
kul character,
I dont know if thats your style, but the nose seems a bit plastic? Another point is that the nose is not evenly coloured as you made it- It has a colour variation from the beggining to the end part (the nose tip) more pinkish at the tip and stuff like that. The specularity of a nose is also very different on the tip then on the body of the nose..
anyways, you have a mirror- check it out:)

Hope this helpes!

blabberlicious
01-19-2004, 02:06 AM
errr...if you mean the Fruit....

Duh!

He's meant to be wearing a Grocho marx Disguise kit - which is made from simple plastic and has no additional shading....

Yes it's stylised, it's a 3D version of a 2D illustation style that I needed to kepp consistent. (see following post)

I'm not sure if you are joking, so I've included a refrence image.

Surley you have these in your neighbourhood?

Best Wishes

blabberlicious
01-19-2004, 02:10 AM
sorry, I uploaded the Wrong file!

That was the scamp.

Here's an early concept...which shows the style I was trying toi mimic in 3D

blabberlicious
01-19-2004, 02:17 AM
hmmm... Here's the reference.

I supposed I could give the nose some a bit of Gradient/incident based specularity & colour variation....

But I wannted to make it clear that the nose was fake, not part of thhe lemon character, becuase the advertising brief was to communicate the fact he was 'in disguise'

;-)

dwburman
01-20-2004, 09:02 PM
I think the nose comments may have been about the character you're using for your avatar :)

l8r

Oh, BTW I like what you've done, but something bugs me about the lemon. I can't put my finger on it so it won't do you any good for me to continue typing.

Hervé
01-20-2004, 11:19 PM
his is really good, really good ! maybe not a black color for the mustach, dunno, very cool add.... and funny ! Bravo !

Hervé

Kenshin_X_66
01-21-2004, 10:55 AM
cool

i love those fruit winders ads, they've got some great "menacing" charachters, the orange on the steamroller, classic. Have you worked on all of them or just the one with the lemons:cool:

blabberlicious
01-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Very flattered. I, along with the very talented illustrator Stuart Harrison, actually invented the Characters about 5 years ago and have been developing and creating new ones ever since.

I was a new media creative director at a large advetising agency in London, and got a brief for a upcoming website for a new product....but they had no idea how to sell the product s it was 100 new.

Stu and I were working together on another gig, and we were fed up with all the restiction of working with existing Kellogg characters (believe me, they are SO many!).

So, we locked ourselves away for a week and drew up and concepted the whole campaign - from Character designs to packaging - even a langage called 'Chewchat' that the charcters spoke to each other.

No one asked us to do it...we were that keen (sigh!)

We even wrote a series of bazooka Joe style comic strips that were printed n the backing paper of the product.

And, guess what? They went for it big time.They spent 5 million pounds on the launch.

Amazingly, it's been a massive success. commercialy, and I've had the chance to write 30 second commercials - which has given me a footing in an area thats notorioulsy hard to break into.

I guess it was the kind of break that you get once or twice a lifetime.

So now, that's what I do full time (almost).

No more web-****es and multimedia noodling , just 100% character mayhem!

Recently we've hooked up with an old friend and workkmate - the Uber-talented 3d artist, Tony Lee and formed DIGIFREAK.

The hope is we'll be able to branch out and offer 'concept to final animation' character based stuff to other clients.

BTW: We are always on the lookout for talent.

Best wishes

Steve

Hervé
01-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Great story, keep up your very nice and funny work.... I say it again, really, really good !!

Cheers
Hervé