PDA

View Full Version : Star Walker

oncen_ever
01-15-2004, 08:46 PM
this is my first complete model ever, I used it for a school art project (I'm 15 y.o., this was for grade 10) , that is below. The car and background are done with a WACOM tablet, and I feel that the mech looks better by itself, and the 2D stuff imo sux.

veljko
01-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Nice work-
Keep it up and allways try to push the limit in your next model!

Leprechaun
01-17-2004, 12:42 PM
how do u get that outline look on the robot?

oncen_ever
01-19-2004, 05:15 AM
in layout goto the item properties tab (middle bottom), select edges, and choose colour thickness etc. I also used flat shading on the object to make it blend in better. but in the end the lines needed to be thicker. BTW I made this object in about an hour, starting with a box and bevelling out and in from there. it is made only for one position and it would be hell to make a rig for.

diablo1000000
01-20-2004, 05:39 AM
That's great! I really like the clean lines and look. You're right about the blend of the 2D and 3D stuff - they don't mix!

You should take a look at the game 'Rez'. It has a lot of design and style in a blocky, bold kinda way.

Like this:
http://www.alloutgames.com/Reviews/Images/rez-6.jpg

It might inspire you!

T x

dwburman
01-20-2004, 08:51 PM
You wouldn't need to use bones to rig this thing. Just separate the limbs into different layers and position the pivot points at the joints. Add some nulls for goals if you want to use Inverse Kinematics (IK)

Lightwave comes with some scenes and objects set up this way. I'm thinking of a mech thing and a logo anim with a robot arm/welding thing.

Originally posted by oncen_ever
be thicker. BTW I made this object in about an hour, starting with a box and bevelling out and in from there. it is made only for one position and it would be hell to make a rig for.

oncen_ever
01-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by diablo1000000
That's great! I really like the clean lines and look. You're right about the blend of the 2D and 3D stuff - they don't mix!

You should take a look at the game 'Rez'. It has a lot of design and style in a blocky, bold kinda way.

Like this:
http://www.alloutgames.com/Reviews/Images/rez-6.jpg

It might inspire you!

T x

i own rez. i liked it, but don't play it anymore.

and about rigging, i'm not too interested in doing that because I don't feel that this object is my fullest. And dont have any animations in mind for it.

thanks for your feedback.