PDA

View Full Version : LW 8.5 Suggestion . . .

Matt
01-15-2004, 01:00 PM
I love the new 'Hidden Wireframe' view mode in the LW8 Modeler, been waiting for that one for ages! :)

It would be just fantastic if it could be exported to an Illustrator file for diagrams etc.

:)

Noclar7
01-15-2004, 01:05 PM
sounds fly! this probably isnt far off considering the export to eps currently lets you select a viewport. I'm assuming it flattens the layer on that axis and gathers the point and line info. So it may just be a matter temporarily flattening the perspective view.

This would be a really nice addition for showing wip's to clients/team in a quick, clean manner.

ikaruz
01-15-2004, 09:12 PM
That would be kool.:)

The only way to kinda of do it now is through Swift 3D plugin, but the only thing I don't like about Swift 3D plugin is it only works with 3 & 4 point polys, and will always convert your 4 point polys to tripples when rendering :(, so it doesn't look as clean as the wire from modeler.

The EPS export from modeler is good but will only export flat polygons no subpatched objects, and only from the Front, Top, Side and UV views. Can't export from perspective as far as I know.

Dodgy
01-16-2004, 03:53 AM
You can rotate your object and then use front view? Tho' you'd lose your perspective, just be isometric :P