PDA

View Full Version : Rigging the Eyes

Capel
03-09-2003, 11:13 PM
How would i rig a face so that both eyes are rotated with a null object, so that both eyes move at the same time, like they would in real life?

WCameron
03-10-2003, 10:47 AM
Put a bone in each eyeball. inthe Motion Options of each eye bone set the bone to target your eye target null.

You might have to Weight map the eyeballs so its only those bones that effect the eyes and not the rest of the face geometry.

- Will.

Digital_red
03-10-2003, 04:25 PM
I usually model the left and right eyes on separate layers, centre the pivot point in the middle of the eyes for each eye layer, then in layout add a null call it Eye_Target, select the L/R eye, open up the motion proprieties panel and set the target to the Eye null.

Or

Create a null, select the L/R eye, open the motion proprieties panel and add the Follower modifier, set it to follow the heading, pitch and bank of the Eye Null leaving all others set to none.

Now when you rotate the Eye null the eyes should follow.

hrgiger
03-10-2003, 06:07 PM
The best way to do it is to have an bone in each eyeball. Make a null in front of each eyeball (a few meters out maybe) so that there are two nulls. Parent the bones to target it's respective null. Now parent the two target nulls to one master null. Hide the targets and the eye bones so that you only have the control null visible.

hrgiger
03-10-2003, 06:08 PM
I should also mention that when you do it this way, you can apply stretch to the control null to get the eyes to either bulge to the side or cross the eyes.

JDaniel
03-11-2003, 01:54 AM
You can also ref. the eye image to a null, to cntrl pupil dilation w/ size.:)