PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and Adobe Premier

jumps45805
01-15-2004, 08:42 AM
Hello, I've made a logo animation with volumetric lighting and the animation looks great. When I turn it into a quicktime movie and throw it into premier, the light doesn't key. You don't see any lighting effects on the objects. Why is that and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff

hdesbois
01-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Hi,
Even for amimation and premiere import, I found numbered stills is the safest way to go. No trouble with targa images so far.
HD

Mylenium
01-15-2004, 12:47 PM
The volumetrics do not add to the alpha with their default settings. Increase the opacity value. If that's no option for you because it will change the look, try the Flare2Alpha LScript or Al Street's PostAlpha image filters.

Mylenium

jumps45805
01-15-2004, 04:45 PM
The volumetrics do not add to the alpha with their default settings. Increase the opacity value. If that's no option for you because it will change the look, try the Flare2Alpha LScript or Al Street's PostAlpha image filters.

Mylenium

Ok, well, where can I get those plugins? I'm somewhat new to this. :) Do I change the opacity in Lightwave or in Premier? And, how can I see the Alpha Channel in Lightwave before I export? That might help me out sometimes too.

Jeff

pixelinfected
01-15-2004, 07:56 PM
volumetric light not work correctly with alpha.
best is render with a different pass and compose it on common render with mutiply or overlay blending mode in a composition application.
or you can try to use a separate volumetric light like alpha of itself in premiere, but the result is not the best solution.

Mylenium
01-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Let me answer your questions in reverse order.

a) You may view the alpha channel in the LW image viewer after an F9 render. Use the button in thje top right corner.

b) Adjust your opacity in LW. This is the volumetric opacity of your lights. It will however also change the look of your light (more light gets absorbed as it travels through the volume), so be careful.

c) Flare2Alpha comes with LW, PostAlpha can be found at http://ats-3d.com.

Mylenium