PDA

View Full Version : few important requests for LW 8.1

titane357
01-15-2004, 04:24 AM
hello

I am very please to see LW8 is near to come.
If the soft will be stable and all features work fine it will be very impressive.

I have attached a .jpg showing some requests I made more than a year before to Brad Peebler, I think to post it one more time, because I know that it haven't been integrated in LW 8. (for sure)

My job is architectural renders oriented, so these requests are CAD. And of course I would be pleased to see some linear and angle mesure tools and so on...

Please take 5 minutes to watch my post.

Hope to see these in near future.

oh !!! what about render enhancements in LW 8 ? (fast, very fast, or very very fast ?)

Matt
01-15-2004, 04:41 AM
Some very good suggestions, I'm not sure if the JPG was big enough though!!!! ;)

Exper
01-15-2004, 05:27 AM
Yep... big suggestions! ;)

Bye.

Nemoid
01-15-2004, 07:53 AM
D'hoh! that's is a BIG suggestion!! :D
(pls reduce the size of the image, ok?)

i particularly appreciate the enhanced layer editor. it really have to work in a similar way like photoshop : grouping, coloring and rearranging layers in all the way possibles,. I'd add a tool to rename them also like in skelegon editor , to rename and number multiple layers, or selected groups of them in a few clicks for a more organized work with them :)

spiroz
01-15-2004, 08:52 AM
I like the XREF suggestion, but I think it could even be more slick,
by setting a certain layer as an XREF and then you could clone some zillion of arrayed instances in another layer (geometric visibility being optional).

eg. Building ancient greek temple.. Ouch... Should've added some detail to that pillar before doing that array. No problemos. Just go to the XREF and fix it.
And if one would want it 'freezed', simply collapse the layers...

Even think about using weightmapped instances for XREF morphmaps...

Yes.. I'd really like that... :)

titane357
01-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Sorry for the large jpeg.....

I thought that it would be as a link or attachement.
in fact not. Best is save image to disc.
Big request needs big image said my kung-fu sensei...

Very strange, all the window is larger, so perhaps people can't don't respond because the reply button is on the right ? (or because they don't care)

Thanks for your encouragements.

Hope Newtek is here.

papou
01-16-2004, 06:27 AM
we need.

headly
01-17-2004, 08:17 AM
As i recall, the first pass release of v6, v7, and v7+ were not too stable with some commands

Lamont
01-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah, this is why file size limits are a GOOD thing...

You can always edit your post and fix it too...

But good sugestion...

headly
01-17-2004, 01:11 PM
and wait for VX, that's a wicked nice redesign, kudos! (Besides I'm not into vegetable juice or bloody mary's)

Lewis
01-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Very very good requests, especialy those about layers and surfaces, Newtek should check this one for sure no matter how big JPEG is :).