PDA

View Full Version : question about a monkey...

medunecer
01-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Did anyone try sock monkey?
What do you think about it?
Thanks!

pixelinfected
03-13-2004, 06:37 AM
for lw 4.2 was developed a plugin called Puppet master, which do a same work of actual sock monkey (less controll like using weightmap, be cause not exist, but a good thing).
It was a solution to work on a single piece with all parts connected.
it was developed from fori oruwa ( i hope to write correctly the name, if i did an error, sorry Fori) for Casper a spirited beginning, a tv movie based to a prequel of Movie Casper.

this plugin, later sold to all community, allow to work on single part of obj, and animate full part, but it was completely integrated, if i put a bone in a part of arm, the complete arm was moved from it, if i add a morphing to a piece head (with morph gizmo, an old but powerful not additive morph for lw) it update correctly the final shape.

sock money is a bad copy, and you can see be cause you see it's a 0.7 version, correct software version start from 1, before it are prerelease (for 6.5 was version .4).

the big problems of sock monkey are the follow :
- you must setup the pvpoint of single part in layout, which is long and not confortable work.
- it not use current point position, but reset it and start from original point position of obj, that mean if is present no aother kind of displacement is possible, also bone are not allowed.
- not linear answer if you try to use it with expression, sometimes seems that lw lose the info about piece of sockmonkey.

probably is more simple and confortable use bone instead of sock monkey, then use weightmap with only weightmap setup.
sorry for bad notice but sock monkey is another of half developed plugin which full lw folder plugin...
a lot of big idea, but never completed...

medunecer
03-13-2004, 03:28 PM
I agree.
Long life to the bones.
(I was just curiouse about that strange monkey!)
Thank you for your help.