PDA

View Full Version : DiskWarrior!

hokeypokey
03-09-2003, 11:09 PM
For anyone interested,

I may have solved, at least for the near future, my video card problem (see earlier post). I ran DiskWarrior on my MAC, and WOW what an improvement. I routinely run Norton on my machine, but because I could not do anything, recently, with a graphic of an Audi tt file (see www.presetcentral.com), I became really panic stricken. The file is huge, but I just got this Mac in July, and I am expecting some kind of performance. After running DiskWarrior this evening, I am at least able to manipulate the file, although very slowly. Before DW, this file would not move or even render completely in Layout or Modeler. I can now move it all around, and rendering times have increased wildly. After reading some article, I decided to give it a whirl, and ZING! Just a suggestion to anyone having similar problems.
Dave:cool:

Beamtracer
03-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Alsoft's DiskWarrior is widely acclaimed to be THE best disk utility for the Mac. Unfortunately, you have to use an OS9 boot CD to repair an OS X machine. This works, unless you have one of the newest G4s that doesn't boot in OS9. I hear that Alsoft will make an annoucement at the end of March about an OS X native DiskWarrior, and the actual product will appear about a month after that.

There is another way to defragment a drive and get your speeds up.... move everything to a new drive or partition, then move it back to where it was. This will defrag the files.