PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the (physical) size of the camera?

lowdncleer
01-13-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm in the process of creating a walkthrough of a house, and I want to change the size of the camera, so that the camera looks physically smaller in relation to the house. I don't want to enlarge the house, I want to keep the same measurements, I just want the camera smaller. Is there any way I can do this? I looked through the manual and I didn't see anything related to this.

I'd appreciate any help, Thanx
Steve

Axis3d
01-13-2004, 02:28 PM
In Layout, if you want to change the size of the camera in relation to the objects, you need to change the grid size. You can just hit the [ and ] keys on the keyboard to do this interactively.

Whit
01-14-2004, 08:25 AM
You can change the focal length of the camera.

In Layout you can type "C" and then "p" (capitalization counts) to bring up the Camera Properties box.

The second segment of the Camera Properties box has a dropdown which might be set to Zoom Factor, Lens Focal Length, Horizontal FOV, or Vertical FOV. You can set a lower value in the field next to this dropdown (change Lens Focal Length from 24mm to 5mm for example).

The problem with doing this is that people aren't used to looking at things through a 5mm lens. You might not like what appears to be distortion.

--Whit

lowdncleer
01-14-2004, 09:44 AM
I got it. Thanx guys. I just changed the grid size in the General Options menu. I just wanted to physically shrink the camera so that it I can see it better in relation to the object, since the camera will be inside the object most of the animation.

Thanx again.