PDA

View Full Version : Coding a LW loader for a game

tonyg
01-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi all;

One of our guys is trying to code a loader to get LW objects into a game engine. We have the docs provided by Newtek, but have run into some wee problems. Is there a support forum or groups somewhere specifically for those who are working with the SDK? A plugin developers support forum or something?

Thx,

Tony

A.Russell
01-14-2004, 08:16 AM
David Mathews from Greenbriar Studios made a couple of exporters for the Acknex A6 engine at my request. He also works for Calligari on their GameSpace application. He might be able to help you. His homepage is here:

http://www.GreenbriarStudio.com (Greenbriar Studios)

tonyg
01-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Thanks, I'll pass than on!

Lightwolf
01-14-2004, 09:44 AM
You can also try the lw-plugin ml:
[email protected]
Plenty of developers there...
Cheers,
Mike

tonyg
01-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Right on!

Lightwolf
01-14-2004, 10:06 AM
tonyg...
I guess you have the samples as well, not just the docs, right? (since there is a sample LWO object reader included with the samples).
Cheers,
Mike

tonyg
01-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Mike;

I think so -- I'm just the artist, chief cook, and bottle washer :P -- I'll pass this on the programmer. He has a working loader, but has some problems with the way it is reading in UVs, and he did indicate that he compared his code to an example loader and found them to be line by line identical, so he must be using the example code... anyway, I'll forward this along to him...

Thx again

Tony