PDA

View Full Version : About Newtekpro Mag

pixeltek
01-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I just accidentally posted this in the VT community section:

Like many, I too wondered what's up with the Mag. I tried to contact the editorial staff, and got this reply:

(Unable to relay for [email protected])... User unknown

Not a good sign, at least for now. Lee was to have taken over, but is probably being overwhelmed with his training tour involvement, as well as beta testing LW8 (probably few better suited for the job). Hence, I assume the mag is down for the count.

There's always Keyframe, though the last issue of it didn't do much, at least for me. Sadly, Lee gave that one up as well, after turning it into a class act. Dan, god love him, is another one of those ultra-busy people, heavily engaged in his own LW-related endeavors.

takkun
01-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Check this out.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103771&perpage=15

pixeltek
01-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the link. Looks like nobody there knows anything either and those who know aren't talking. I'm not worrying about the few bucks, but I know that the previous editors were some really nice people and would have expected some sort of update from someone who knows. If the mag's dead, say so. If not, give us some guidance. That's all I'm asking for.

I recall the final update from them, prior to Siggraph, I believe it was, that told us of a change to a quarterly issue schedule. I think most anyone, in view of the past performance and quality, was probably ok with that. After that - nothing. I hate it when that happens.

hrgiger
01-13-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't care about the magazine anymore or the money I paid for my subscription. I'm just pissed about the 100 Newtek bucks I was promised and cheated out of that I could have used for my LW8 upgrade.:mad:

pixeltek
01-13-2004, 06:06 PM
After I renewed my subscription they did send my $50 Tim Dollars, and I did apply them to the LW8 upgrade (I double-dipped for the upgrade via the Keyframes publishers, which also got me one year of that mag thrown in for free).

Unfortunately, that was the last time I heard from the Newtekpro people.