PDA

View Full Version : LWSN - problem without solving!!

billy
01-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Hi forum
I have a problem with the LWSN, alone save the files that it generates the machine where this running the LWSN...

the pcs in network cannot open the files.. but they have activity... i dont understand.

that it happens?

bye

Billy

Aegis
01-13-2004, 04:44 AM
Sounds like your PCs aren't finding either a) The lw3.cfg/lwext.cfg files or b) their content/render folders. The correct syntax for ScreamerNet is:

LWSN.exe -2 -c<your config folder> -d<your content directory> <your command directory>\job1,2,3 etc. <your command directory>\ack1,2,3 etc.

You should have network drives set up that all the PCs can access and on the computer running LightWave all your plugins should be scanned in from the network.

You should have network drives and/or access for:

1. The LightWave folder (so the PCs can find the plugins)

2. The ScreamerNet command directory

3. Your content directory

4. Your renders folder

I have 3 network drives - L:\ (LightWave) for content, R:\ for renders and S:\ for ScreamerNet (LightWave app folder with a ScreamerNet command directory created there) - I copied the *.cfg files to the command directory. Don't forget that you have to specify the render location in the scene file and you also have to set the command directory in the Network rendering panel.

Matt
01-13-2004, 05:30 AM
have a good read through this . . .

http://www.newtek-europe.com/Stuff/LightWave/Misc/MattGorner_ScreamerNet_Tutorial.pdf

billy
01-13-2004, 08:28 AM
thanks!

i try it!!

bye

Billy!!

billy
01-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Your helps served me very much..
but the renders of the others pcs are totally white...

What happen?