PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testers for Animation Plugin Needed

whattawa
01-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Calling All Animators! DAZ Productions is looking for artists to test new facial animation software for Lightwave on PC and Mac. All active participants will receive a free copy of the final release software for their time (valued at $200 USD).

If selected, it is estimated you will spend approximately ten hours to thoroughly test the lip sync software according to the testing procedures that will be sent to you. These procedures will be used as guides for testing the program in order to ensure that you approach the testing as it would be used within an actual production setup. Detailed feedback will be required in order to receive compensation. This feedback would include:
submit finished product
list of models tested
submit character configuration file used
bug reporting
program usability feedback
overall impression of software
how animation translates from Mimic to Lightwave

Testers will be chosen and receive everything needed before the weekend begins. Final feedback/bug reports must be turned in by January 26th, 2004. All applications will be reviewed with the top 12-15 applicants being selected to participate. To take part in the testing process, please send an email with the following information to [email protected]
System Specifications: OS, video card, CPU speed
Job Description: professional animator, hobbyist, etc.
Amount of animation experience
Version of Lightwave

Thank you. We look forward to working with you.

whattawa
01-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh yeah. I forgot to ask you to list where you saw this ad when you contact us. If you already sent the email, don't worry about it.

WilliamVaughan
01-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Sending email now :)

hrgiger
01-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Yup, I just sent mine as well...

cresshead
01-13-2004, 10:45 AM
well now we know that the rumour of a lipsync plugin is not just vapourware..though it's not "in lw8" it's a very welcome addition for lightwave and because it comes from mimic which in turn came from vertriliquist [a max plugin] it shold be a pretty sturdy plugin in the capabilitu department and if i'm correct it works off of a wav file and text of the speech in the wav file.

look good to me!

whattawa
01-13-2004, 10:57 AM
Yes, it is a real chunk of code. It is based off of a version of Mimic we already have out in another market, so the code is solid. We just need to make sure that it is still solid in the Lightwave realm. ;)

It does work off of sound files and text, as you mention. I especially like the non-linear editing capabilities.

whattawa
01-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Did I mention that we are looking for people of all skill levels to test this? If you aren't a professional, even if you are relatively new to Lightwave, give it a try! We need a good variety.

foghat
01-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Sent you a reply from the CGtalk forum.

whattawa
01-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Nice. We're just getting everything prepared, but I don't plan on choosing the testers until tomorrow night (Thursday) so there is still plenty of time!

zecryan
01-14-2004, 07:35 PM
Yup, I sent my e-mail (hope i get picked).:D

whattawa
01-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Ok, last day for submissions. I'll be closing up shop at 5:00 mountain time tonight. If you want to increase your chances, put your request on one of those new $20 bills. ;) Wait, you better not...Plain email will do just fine. :cool:

whattawa
01-16-2004, 12:32 PM
It was a crazy time deciding on the beta testers. I won't publicly announce who is doing the testing (wouldn't want any of them to disappear mysteriously), but those that are chosen will receive an email shortly to get them started. We did make sure to pick a wide range of testers, but randomness also had to play a factor. You know, we wouldn't want to play favorites for anybody just because I know you from the forums. :)

For those that aren't participating in the testing process, look forward to more and more news and information the closer we come to release time!