PDA

View Full Version : Capture Audio Delay

nealroba
01-12-2004, 01:27 PM
I have a dual 2.8 Xeon HT w/2 GB RAM with a miniBob. I was capturing through the MiniBOB using a VHS deck and the captured audio is about 12-15 frames behind the video. I've captured many times before without this happening, but this is the second time that the audio wasn't lined up. I suppose I'll have to manually sync up the audio and video, but how do I prevent this from happening again? Thanks...

Rob Neal

Jim_C
01-12-2004, 01:31 PM
What codec are you capturing with?

try rtv or dv type1 and/or type 2.

any difference?

nealroba
01-12-2004, 01:36 PM
I was capturing in RTV format, but also it was capturing a separate audio track in WAV format. For the project, I only used the RTV stuff.
-Rob-

stuart_tetley
01-16-2004, 04:53 PM
I had this problem too, regardless of codec etc.. It was much more apparent on longer captures.

I tried all sorts of things, but it turned out to be caused by my VHS deck producing lousy control signals or something like that (I'm no expert :))

Try capturing from Program out - put the VHS deck onto Main in, then select Program out before starting the capture. As I understand it, this passes the video through VT'3 TBC. Also, make sure to check 'stop if frames drop.'

Doing this completely solved the problem for me.

ScorpioProd
01-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Nice picture of the Liberator, Stuart! :)

I would also recommend as Stuart suggested, that has helped me with weak VHS video inputted into VT[3] as well.

stuart_tetley
01-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Glad you like the picture, Eugene. It was my fist LW modeler creation.

I really should get around to finishing it someday. I was never happy with the texturing on it.

Perhaps I should do Scorpio as well...