PDA

View Full Version : LW8 may already be mostly released

navaho
01-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Just a thought while we all wait. Some of the upgrades are plugins. Like the new expression generator. It's at
http://www.rayserver.com/amelie/ It looks pretty much the same as the expression video released by Newtek. It would be interesting to find out how much of LW8 is already out there in the form of plugins.

hrgiger
01-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Just some of the new modeler features are plug-ins as well as the ortho bone pack. The point of those is that they're integrated into LIghtwave. LW8 is hardly released becasue of those. We have new lscript, dopesheet, IK, softbodies, rigidbodies, etc...

Kvaalen
01-11-2004, 02:35 PM
According to Proton the node based expression in LightWave [8] isn't Amelie, but was developped at the same time.

I'm wondering if it has basic posibilities like snapping to a grid, multiple selection (for dragging, deleting, copying...), right click menus...

Just some stuff I'd like to see in it. I hope Proton can specify a little or else we'll just have to wait. :)

navaho
01-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, I've seen the videos put out and I am looking forward to seeing version 8. Using Plugins developed by the lightwave community is only sensible. If the plugin is in high demand why not include or integrate it into the program. The revenue generated for Worley must have been a lot after Sas lite was included with lightwave.
I'd like some of evasion 3d's plugins included and integrated like XDof. There a host of really good plugins out there I'd love to get with lightwave. But even without one added plugin lightwave is a complete package unlike other packages out there. So I'm not complaining.

garg
01-12-2004, 12:46 AM
As one Amelie developer, I can confirm that Amelie is not included inside LW 8. Amelie do not realy offer the same as the new LW 8 expression editor. In LW 8 you will have an visual expression generator that means you generate expressions from a node based gui. Amelie instead is a different language and will never been translated into text.

Alain Bertrand

Dodgy
01-12-2004, 03:08 AM
And I can highly recommend it for anyone out there :)

for $50 it's a bargain. The fact that you can build your own element library and textures make it work it...

navaho
01-12-2004, 05:36 AM
I am almost curious enough to get it - just to see what it is

JeF
01-12-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by garg
As one Amelie developer, I can confirm that Amelie is not

Hello Alain.
Amelie seems really interesting. Is there anyway to get it easily here in Switzerland?
Will it be also ported to LW8?
Thx in advance.

garg
01-12-2004, 05:52 AM
JeF:

Yes there will be a LW8 port as soon as we have access to the LW8 SDK.

Normaly you should not have any problem to use kagi to buy Amelie online (even from Switzerland) if you own a credit card. If not let me know ([email protected]) and we will surely find another way.

Alain Bertrand