PDA

View Full Version : dvview.p

Miles
03-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I appreciate the new "dvview.p" plug-in NewTek provided in the latest update since I have clients who sit in a seat in the studio which is infront of an NTSC display and being able to show preview rendered stills is nice, but I'm curious about the possibillities of having this sort of DV preview output available via the Layout Preview Playback Controls Panel after a quick preview animation has been generated?

I ask about this since it would be nice to be able to scrub through an animation sample and then have it display via an NTSC DV signal as well as the layout GUI rather than asking the client to come hang over me (watch the GUI diaplay) while I'm working on changes. Everytime they get to watch the GUI it opens conversation to "What are you doing now?" and work can take multiple times longer explaining things rather than just making edits and then just asking the client to look up at the NTSC display in front of them.

I'm guessing this kind of question is pointless too late since the 7.5b update was already released.

Thanks for any input...

lord
03-09-2003, 05:34 PM
I havn't even been able to get the damn thing to work, plugins installed the option to use it is there under the render options panel, my firewire device is all connected (works with premiere) lightwave even complained when i disconnected it. Is it a case of say NTSC but not PAL, or is it something stupidly obvious that I've missed?

Cheers,

H.

Miles
03-10-2003, 08:09 AM
FWIW, I have it working on an XP Pro PC. I'm downloading the MAC update now and will try it out with OSX as well. I've noticed a slight issue with the PC DV output, but would like to confirm it is not happening on the MAC side as well or that it's not a separate D-to-A hardware issue before reporting it.

I'm however a little concern about updating the OSX LW because of reported issues with scene files light settings. I'll have to check the MAC forum again to see if an explaination/resolution has been revealed by NewTek about what's going on there.

I'll post an update here about the MAC DV output when I've confirmed it for you.

In the mentime, if anyone has insight on weather or not an Animation Preview could be quickly output via DV that would be great news...

Thanks!

Miles
03-10-2003, 08:16 AM
Sorry forgot to note that I am outputing via NTSC DV signal and not PAL so that could be what's going on too. If you're a PAL end user I'm not sure what NewTek's status is on PAL DV output. You'd think they'd would've noted no PAL output if that's indeed the case. :confused:

JohnL
08-03-2003, 08:55 AM
Has anyone got DV view to work with PAL output? If so how?