PDA

View Full Version : NEED: LW-snow flake Object

tw video
01-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone. . .I hope someone knows where I can find a LW snow flake that I can use on a commercial I am making for a local bakery for there January white sale. . .I need it to look like the snow flake that is on the front cover of the Digital Juice January 2004 catalog. . . If anyone can please point me in the right direction for this object, I need it kind of quick, as I want to try to show the client a proof as soon as Monday January 12

Mylenium
01-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, why don't you just model it? A snowflake is a simple enough object (even though I don't know the one you mentioned). All you would need to do is model one branch and then radially clone it. Due to the cristaline nature of the thing you would only need cylinders, boxes etc. and could get very close to it with the camera without feeling ashamed.

Mylenium

pdrake
01-11-2004, 10:35 AM
does anyone know where i can find a box model. i need it for a commercial project i'm charging the client $10,000 for. i can't compensate you and the manual intimidates me. i know there's some way to model this, but my copy of lightwave won't save because it's in "demo mode". thanks.:p

dhebel
01-18-2004, 06:32 PM
If you still need that snowflake object.. I think I can get you the exact snowflake that was on the Digital Juice cover .. email me

;)

dhebel at digitaljuice.com

tw video
01-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Thank You dhebel, and mylenium for your willingness to help in this matter. It is so nice to find such helpful persons on this site.

Also thanks for the laugh pdrake I needed that after trying to figure out how to try to model something for the first time.

I am so glad I have this site to go to and ask a question, and get a reply so quick.

Thank You all again. :)

pdrake
01-19-2004, 02:14 PM
glad i could make you laugh. modeling can be intimidating, but have some confidence. you can do it.

is this the snowflake?

http://www.digitaljuice.com/images/specialoffer/january_specials/january_specials_heading.gif

here is a simple model i make in a few minutes. if i can do it, anyone can. i really can be helpful, just ask if you don't know where to start.