PDA

View Full Version : 7.5b, Missing Plugs

barnabythebear
03-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Hi,

I've got in a bit of a pickle:(

I've done a fresh install of LW after the 7.5b update caused a bit of a mess.
I've installed 7 from the disc, then the 7.5 update and then 7.5b. Now I can't seem to find some standard plugs such as fast triple. Any idea where the may have gone???

Thanks

BtheB

mlinde
03-09-2003, 10:27 AM
The "missing" plug-ins from OS X Lightwave are still missing. There is another post on this topic here. NewTek is attempting to contact/contract with the original author of those plugs to create new OS X versions.

kmscottmoore
10-21-2003, 04:18 PM
I went looking for fast triple fan the other day, and noticed that it wasn't there. :mad:
My question is:
If I dig out my old 6.0 CD (OS9 version), and copy it into my Plug-Ins folder will that work?
Or can I "borrow" it from one of the Pee Cees at work. (I think most of these plug-in scripts are written in a generic platform independent language, but I'm not sure)

--Scott

DarkLight
10-21-2003, 04:39 PM
@kmscottmoore

If it's an LScript plugin either as source or compiled it would work on both PC and Mac, but it looks like it's a C plugin so the PC version won't work on the mac.

I doubt the OS9 version of the plugin will work on OSX, but if the plugin was included with an earlier OSX version of Lightwave then that should work.

munky
10-22-2003, 04:47 AM
If you update to 7.5c you might find a few more have been updated

regards

paul