PDA

View Full Version : Chroma key problems

ktas
01-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey INOV8Pro, I'm gonna' jump in on your thread and maybe we could both get more answers...

I'm having the same problem. I hadn't discovered it earlier but today we did a live chroma key shot with a 2 second RTV moving background (looping) playing out of a DDR (we used the chroma keyer from the switcher) and it gave us a strobing effect... some sort of studder.

This does not happen when we are not using the chroma key. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

INOV8Pro
01-09-2004, 11:27 AM
ktas:

First, I'm no computer genius. I have little experience using the chroma key during a live situation. It sounds to me that your computer is the issue. What are your specs? Is your raid fast enough? Are you using any USB drives? If so you may want to disconnect and try again. I'll try to help if I can but there are other Toasters out there far more knowledgable than I am.

Paul

ktas
01-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Found the problem!!!

It turns out our drive array was bad... it wasn't keeping up which caused the studdering, we simply copied one of the animations and pasted it in the system C drive and tried keying, SURPRISE!!! It worked, we tried everything and this was the last thing we tried... wouldn't you know it.

Thanks!

ktas
01-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Found the problem!!!

It turns out our drive array was bad... it wasn't keeping up which caused the studdering, we simply copied one of the animations and pasted it in the system C drive and tried keying, SURPRISE!!! It worked, we tried everything and this was the last thing we tried... wouldn't you know it.

Thanks!