PDA

View Full Version : Voltron "Toy" Lions Rendering

Zio
01-10-2004, 08:26 AM
I modeled these lions a while ago but decided to give them a rendering upgrade.

IZZE
01-10-2004, 09:15 AM
I really like your render. Brings back some memories. HDR? Are any of your edges beveled? They look really sharp.

adrian
01-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Yes that is a really good render, but I have to agree about the sharp edges - you want to get some bevelling going on there.

Adrian.

Zio
01-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey! Thanx for the comments guys. After reading what you had to say, it allowed me to step back and look at the rendering fresh. Even though those edges are very sharp on the toy, they aren't as sharp as how lightwave makes them appear. I worked a little bit on the models, added DOF and did a good amount of photoretouching to try to smooth those edges down. Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated!

adrian
01-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Much better!

Adrian.

Doran
01-11-2004, 09:40 AM
I have to laugh here.. I browse these forums on occasion with my toughest critic, my 7 year old daughter. she was excited about this this tread because of the title. But as soon as it loaded she was disappointed and I asked her why. She said, "that's not Voltron; Voltron is the electric evolved form of Eevee." As if this explained everything. All I could do was say, "huh?"

She told me, " It's Pokemon Dad; you're an old guy, that's why you don't know this stuff."

:O)

Good render!

Zio
01-11-2004, 09:52 AM
I'm very sorry to disappoint her.

Just to let her know though... These "Voltron" Lions were around long before her Pokemon "Voltron" was. ;)

Do you have an image of the Voltron she's thinking of?

Zafar Iqbal
01-12-2004, 02:17 AM
Haha, how cute :)

And the rendering: The second one is really good.