PDA

View Full Version : TerraFormed Mars

composermanII
01-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Here is a view of Vallis Marinaris as seen when Mars may have had water.

Troy McClellan

trentonia
01-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Well, if it had water, don't you think it should have some greenery? Trees, bushes, shubbery, lichens, moss, etc.

composermanII
01-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Good point! What kind of world would it be without shrubbery! I'll try to work that in-will post it when I get it done.

Thanks,

Troy

Hiraghm
01-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Just because it had liquid water doesn't mean it has plant life all over. Look at the artic/antarctic regions.

However, even if it has plant life, the plants wouldn't necesarily be green. The atmosphere makes the sky pink on Mars, so I imagine the plants would tend to be a slightly different color. Maybe an orangish or yellowish color.

maveryck
01-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Also, depending on when the 'picture' would have been taken, Mars would have had to have had an atmosphere to hold that water there, and from that shot, from space, the atmosphere would play a part in changing some of the color of the surfaces, just a thought...

composermanII
01-12-2004, 07:04 AM
One theory suggests that the Martian atmosphere was very similar to that of the Earth's during that time. While it is true that some regions would not sustain plant life, I could see some areas near the equator that would suggestion vegitation near the bodies of water. I do think that in a large way this matter is open for the artistic interpretation as we only have theories to back up our thoughts. I hope to post another shot later this week with some vegitation. Thanks for all of your comments.

Troy