PDA

View Full Version : Good job NASA

IZZE
01-08-2004, 08:24 PM
It's funny how I end up spending the most time on the simplest projects. Oh well. Hope you like these.

Good Job NASA!!!

IZZE
01-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Early test

composermanII
01-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Not too bad. The sun (I am assuming that the flare is the sun) needs some work. I would get rid of the red outer ring and soften the rays a bit. I would also give it a slight yellowish cast. I would increase the diffuse sharpness to about 70% on the mars surface map and set your ambient light color to a grey value other than black and an intensity of 25%. This will show the un-lit side of the planet. While this is technically in accurate, artistically it makes a better picture. There will always be "pureists" that will knock a piece for things like that, but I find that one needs to strike a balance between reality and artistic apeal. Remember, you just want to see a hint of the dark side. Overall it is very good. You might also check out the work of Dan Maas. I felt that his handling of the sun and the animation as a whole, in a mars animation sequence that was created for JPL, is very good.

http://www.maasdigital.com/

Good luck,

Troy McClellan