PDA

View Full Version : where is lightwave 8

SEMIRO
01-08-2004, 08:45 AM
its past 2003 and where is lightwave 8...knowone is asking this question which is weird.....am i the only guy who cares? anyway could maybe some guy who knows the answer to my question reply cuz im going insane here.....

Aegis
01-08-2004, 09:08 AM
am i the only guy who cares?

You obviously don't spend a lot of time here ;) This topic has been discussed to death and the current line from NewTek is "1st quarter 2004". Yes, we're all getting ansty waiting for the release but I'd rather wait and get a feature-packed, stable 8.0 than have it rushed to release and (potentially) full of show-stopping bugs...

SEMIRO
01-09-2004, 08:05 AM
its a good point....newtek dont post much about it on their site and i dont come here much..............

THX1138
01-09-2004, 08:26 AM
It will not be 1stQ2004, LW8 Preview page now says.. "...version 8 when it ships later this year."

newtek dont post much about it on their site

You said a mouthful there buddy! :)

mkiii
01-09-2004, 09:45 AM
That doesn't mean it *won't* ship before the end of 1st Quarter - we can only hope.

tomtm
01-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi,

When I read, Lightwave will be shipped later this year, I am
sure, it won't be in this first quarter.
I think it's a wrong politic of Newtek, to expand their deadlines
for monthes. Ok, might be, that there are still occuring some problems, but in this case we should be informed.
I feel like a "credit bank"!!!!!
I updated Lightwave because of the enhancements in the
softbody and particle sections, and I was planning some
new productions at the beginning this year.
Unfortunately, I have to change this plan bring all the objects
in Maya to do some enhanced Dynamic stuff..... this will take time.
I am sure, I am not the only one to handle with this problem.

It's not just the matter of money, it's also a matter of time.

And where is the "Bonbon"?

Greets
Tom

Chuck
01-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Tomtm, there are already enough threads on this topic. I've merged your post with one of the existing threads.