PDA

View Full Version : Sock Monkey vs. MD?

Cassanovastein
03-09-2003, 01:30 AM
I have a charcter that is wearing a bath robe. The legs move backwards just fine but when they move forward (using the weight maps from the leg chain) the robe gets sucked back into the body.
In MAYA there are surface effectors that can alter a bones influence on an object but I haven't been able to duplicate that effect in LW 7.
Could someone explain how I could link a null to a weight map in Sock Monkey to make a working effector null?
P.S - Buy Messiah doesn't count as an answer.
Thanks.

pixelinfected
03-13-2004, 07:26 AM
uhm, i don't know if i understand correctly, but you can add a displacement to obj, in the displacement you can use a gradient to setup force of effector, and use weightmap to like gradient effects controller, then you can add a second layer, where you control from 0 to 1 the power of lower layer, with distance of obj (the null), then setup this layer (the null controlled layer) like alpha, which add or subtract power to lower layer (controlled by weightmap) with null distance from obj.

p.s. if you add sockmonkey, no other displacement plugin can be used. it delete all other displacement effects.

hrgiger
03-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Cassanovastein
P.S - Buy Messiah doesn't count as an answer.
Thanks.

Would wait until Lightwave 8 comes out work as an answer?;)

Just asking because I know in 8 we are able to correct the path of individual points so we can correct misbehaving softbodies without recalculation.