PDA

View Full Version : Free Export SVG plugin (x64 windows)

Vorlath
12-21-2019, 09:32 AM
I made a free Modeler Export SVG plugin. Maybe some people will find it useful. It is very basic. It exports the (X, Y) coordinates only. And only polygons. It uses mm as the units exported. And the lines are all black at 0.5 units in stroke-width. I may add colour and maybe a way to detect circles and output true circles if there's any demand for it later.

Just drop this in your Lightwave's support/plugins/input-output folder. Use "Edit/Edit Plugins" and add the plugin. Then use "Edit/Edit Menu Layout" menu and in the "Additional" section you will find "Export SVG" plugin. Move it to your "File/Save/Export" section on the right side. You will now find the plugin in "File/Save/Export" menu.

I'll submit it to the Plugins section on the newtek website once this post goes up. I need a file uri, so I'd rather just use the attachment link so it never disappears.

Lewis
12-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Thanks man, very useful.

raymondtrace
12-22-2019, 12:09 AM
Thanks! But am I the only one having trouble loading it? I've tried in both 2015 and 2019.

Vorlath
12-22-2019, 01:07 AM
Ah, it's probably the c runtime. You can either install the redistributable for msvc 2019 or wait until tomorrow and I'll statically link any missing dlls. Not sure why I forgot about this. Thanks for letting me know.

raymondtrace
01-02-2020, 04:14 PM
I got it to work with the separate Visual C++ installer. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

This is nifty.

Blending thoughts from another topic ( https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php/161392 ), how difficult would it be to export from the UV texture view?

Vorlath
01-02-2020, 05:34 PM
I had forgotten about this. I statically linked the C runtime. This one should work without any external libraries needed.

As to your question about exporting the UV map. It'd be extremely easy. I already have code to traverse UV maps. I'll have to leave discontinuous UV unconnected (I think that's ok since you want a flat representation anyhow). And it'd be the UV map selected at the bottom of the screen, not the one in any of the views.

I'll try to implement that soon. I may create a new plugin or add a dialog.