PDA

View Full Version : LW2015.3 + Windows 10 upgrade = running twice Modeler

Rajce
12-19-2019, 02:10 AM
Hello,
after I upgraded to Windows 7 to Windows 10, I regularly get into Layout when I give Switch to Modeler (F12) so Modeler runs me twice.
I tried a new clean install of LW, including deleting the configuration (\User\#\.NewTek), and that's what happens.
Someone would know what to do? It annoys me that I always have to close the Model at all times.

3dhotshot
12-19-2019, 02:29 AM
• Run Modeler first without going from the Layout switch over.
• If you do the Layout switch over just close the upper most modeler window the one below it is where your scene objects will populate.

• Should work itself out as more updates follow not sure why tho

Rajce
12-19-2019, 06:30 AM
I tried your progress and I have a new interesting finding.
When I put Switch to Layout from Modeler, I get two Layouts. So the same error for the reverse order.

lardbros
12-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Try deleting your configs... see if that helps

prometheus
12-19-2019, 07:14 AM
This happened to me as well..after a larger windows update...never solved it, I think I cleared the configs..didnīt help, I havenīt done I new fresh install though.
But same issue, modeler pops up two instances when starting it, or switch to layout.

3dhotshot
12-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Dont use the switch to button from modeler to layout if the hub is open they will sync regardless you dont have to press the button. Run Layout exe independently just alt tab over to layout from modeler and your changes will update without the issue of 2 layout instances.

Rajce
12-20-2019, 02:32 AM
Try deleting your configs... see if that helps

I tried a new clean install of LW, including deleting the configuration (\User\#\.NewTek)
As I wrote myself .... I tried a clean installation, including deleting the configuration.

3dhotshot
12-20-2019, 04:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV03v9c3deA