PDA

View Full Version : bones and weight maps

chip rossetti
01-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Is is possible to save a weight map to the bone that it effects or do I have to reapply the weight map to the bone everytime I load the character into a new scene? I know how to do this but it is very time consuming having to reapply the map and it's strength every time.. Is there a way to save all of these attributes of the weightmap to the bones in the character?

Hope to get some response as I am about to begin a big project and this would be a great help

hrgiger
01-07-2004, 01:52 PM
If you're loading a character from a scene, it should already have the proper weight maps assigned.

If you're loading it into the scene and converting skelegons, you have to assign the weight map to the bone via the skelegon tree.

DaveW
01-07-2004, 02:22 PM
If you give the weight map the same name as its corresponding bone, then LW will automatically assign weights.

jonny
01-07-2004, 04:55 PM
It sounds like you're re-converting the skelegons each time you load the character into a new scene. Other than that all your weight and other bone settings should remain. Try either:

1) Assign your weights to the skelegons, one by one or use DStorms Skelegon Editor to make the job easier

2) rig your character and store that scene as the character rig scene. When using the character in a new scene "Load From Scene" using the character rig scene and your character will come into the new scene with all its settings intact.