PDA

View Full Version : bones and weightmaps

chip rossetti
01-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Is is possible to save a weight map to the bone that it effects or do I have to reapply the weight map to the bone everytime I load the character into a new scene? I know how to do this but it is very time consuming having to reapply the map and it's strength every time.. Is there a way to save all of these attributes of the weightmap to the bones in the character?

Hope to get some response as I am about to begin a big project and this would be a great help

Dodgy
01-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Use load from scene?

Axis3d
01-08-2004, 06:06 PM
If you are creating weightmaps and skelegons in modeler, then this process is automatic. Name your weightmap and skelegon with the same name. For instance, if one of your weightmaps is called Left_Bicep, then the associated bone for it should be called Left_Bicep also. You can do this quickly in modeler by using the Detail > Other > Rename Skelegons button. Or you can use the Skelegon Tree to associate weightmaps with bones, and also to rename bones. Bones must be in the same layer as the mesh for Skelegon Tree to work.

Once your object has its bones and weightmaps called the same, save it, then load it into Layout and the bones will automatically have their correct weightmaps applied.

Axis3d
01-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Forgot one thing - after loading your object into Layout, you need to Convert Skelegons into Bones, then everything will be set up correctly.