PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Worleylabs, any consideration on releasing Sasquatch free...?

Paul_Boland
11-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Hi Folks.

While the Worleylabs website is still online, all means to contact them and their online purchase carts are dead. This being the case, I was wondering if there is anyone here from the company, have/world they consider releasing the Sasquatch plugin for free now? For the record, I bough Sasquatch at full price, I have the plugin, the printed manual, and I still use it in Lightwave 2015. I have a friend who has Lightwave 2015 and it would be nice to give him Sasquatch to play around with, but with each copy of the plugin tied to your Lightwave license, and now with no way to get the plugin any more from Worleylabs, it seems like a loss of a powerful plugin. I'm not asking for it to be up updated for the latest version of Lightwave, but instead of the current Build 11.5 disappearing into the fog of time, is there any change it could be released, as-is, for anyone who wants it since it now seems to be a redundant plugin?

raymondtrace
11-27-2019, 06:25 AM
As you see from the sample scenes that accompany each Worley plugin, the plugins are functional without being licensed. The only thing licensing does is to expose the controls to apply/edit effects. If you're ambitious, you can manually edit these settings by hacking the LWS scene file in a text editor.

I only mention this because like many others, I've poked at the Worley contact information over the past years with no response. It is reasonable to assume we're never going to have the option to purchase.

erikals
11-27-2019, 10:28 PM
redundant
that's the word, just like floppy, it ain't comin' back.  https://i.imgur.com/5O6mwtQ.png