PDA

View Full Version : Snow-globe.

White Knight
02-10-2003, 12:53 AM
...And a snow-globe!

http://www.miracles-inc.com/HTML/3D-GFX%20-%20Snow-globe.htm

That's it for now. Hope you like it! =o)

/White Knight.

adboy
02-10-2003, 03:26 AM
hey man looks great :D

Skonk
02-10-2003, 06:47 AM
Very nice :) hmm aint it a bit late for crimbo tho?

James..

Gluge
02-10-2003, 06:24 PM
I love how warm it feels, pretty realistic too, just a little too much on the crisp side, not that it should be more realistic 8*)

tho I haven't ever seen stables like those... maybe that's just me 8*)

nice nice nice.

DigiMatt
02-12-2003, 08:25 AM
Very nice White Knight,

A couple of comments though, try using another HDR Image, the one your using now is the cathedral thingy right? It has a little too much lightsources for an environment where a snowglobe would be.
Also the table texture needs some work.
Other than that it looks really good!

Cheers

/Matt

hrgiger
02-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Looks pretty good but I think the specular or relfections are a bit overwhelming.

It also doesn't appear to be any liquid in the snowglobe.

Jaffro
02-12-2003, 09:49 AM
Im in agreement with everyone else on the hrd map you used, not very fitting for the situation that appears to be an office desk. Could also try toning down the reflections on the base so that the 'merry christmas!' ref stands out a bit more.

Turn on ray trace refraction to give the glass better feel and maybe apply fresnel shader. Alternatively make a few gradients, espically in reflection channel (you chould also try this with everything you do reflections on, i find it always gives a little extra).

Sorry if ive gone a bit over the top! hehe, As it stands its a really nice image, you got the dof spot on i think! :)

White Knight
02-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the comments guys! I actually agree with all of your points. =o)
I wish I could have turned on raytrace transparency and refraction. However...the problem is that Lightwave's 'Edges' (on the logo) disappear behind a raytraced transparent surface. Thus it couldn't be turned on. =o(

Rory_L
02-14-2003, 08:38 PM
...So model the edges with black polys!

But it`s too late now, isn`t it? You`ve given them the image?

R