PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with UV mapping problems!

Gizmo1990
01-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Ok I feel like a complete dunce but I just can't get my head around UV mapping :( :(

I've read all the big tutorials on it and the manual but it just seems like theres millions of questions running around my head that neither answer!

2 examples spring to mind.

Why, when I create cylindrical UV coordinates for my head model, are they ordered front of face on the left and back of face on right? I've always created my head textures with the face centrally placed so that the seam runs along the back of the skull. There seem to be no controls that allow me to pick the 'rotation' of the coordinates so I can replicate this??

Another is why can I 'move' mapping coordinates completely around on some models (ie select them all and move them about the viewport) but on others their tops and sides stay rooted to where they are and only the insides move? This seems to happen on some models but not on others?? What is the reason for this??

I hope someone can help me out with this as its really fraustrating! :(

Jim.

tmdag
01-07-2004, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gizmo1990
Why, when I create cylindrical UV coordinates for my head model, are they ordered front of face on the left and back of face on right? I've always created my head textures with the face centrally placed so that the seam runs along the back of the skull. There seem to be no controls that allow me to pick the 'rotation' of the coordinates so I can replicate this??

Try using "Texture guide" than you will be able to control whole maping.

Another is why can I 'move' mapping coordinates completely around on some models (ie select them all and move them about the viewport) but on others their tops and sides stay rooted to where they are and only the insides move? This seems to happen on some models but not on others?? What is the reason for this??

UV is sticked to vertexts and you can't do anything about it. You can only move UV map in UV view but moving mesh will not affevt on map