PDA

View Full Version : big layout problem, plz help!

iluvatar
01-07-2004, 04:05 AM
anyone had this before? can't use any function in layout wich involves the hard disc... this includes:
* add object to scene
* saving scene
* opening scene
* save a render
* etc.etc.etc...
this problem does not apply to the modeller, got lightwave 7.5b and windows XP, never seen this before :( anyone got an idea?

steven_sc
01-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Could it have something to do with plugins and master plugins not installed properlly?

Or are the options just not there for you to select them?

mattclary
01-07-2004, 09:39 AM
You need to provide more info. What is the exact error or symptom you see? When did all this start? Do you have another partition you can install LightWave to?

gazmon
01-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Isn't there alightwave 7.5c to download now?
Maybe that'll fix it but it sounds like a major problem. Are your other programs working OK? Can they open files, save things etc... just wondered if your disc is corrupt or something hardware related?
Gaz

mattclary
01-07-2004, 11:33 AM
You should never assume applying a patch is going to fix something, especially something that sounds this major. if it was a bug, everyone would have had the problem. Applying a patch without trying to address the root problem is just going to be a waste of time.

iluvatar
01-08-2004, 01:10 AM
more info... everytime a "load..." or "save..." or "save as..." dialog has to popup, the lw menu goes white and there it hangs... re-added all plugins, but did not any good :( actually, when quitting lw after adding the plugins, it hangs again... don't have another partition right now to check it, but i don't think it's hard disc related 'couse all my apps (modeler too!) can access the whole disc :) btw, opening a model in modeler and sending to layout works fine, rendering works and making a screenshot of the render gives an image wich can be saved to disc (using paint or such programs), but it used to work... first happened a few days ago, can't remember exactly, didn't install anything last weeks :confused: should i just re-install? :p