PDA

View Full Version : portrait

moondog
01-06-2004, 06:58 PM
This is a portrait of sorts, done for a guy who works in stained glass. This is a first posting for me, so all comments welcome and needed.

labrown
01-06-2004, 08:19 PM
This looks great! Love the glass. It looks spot on.

Only thing I can see is maybe put a little bevel on the moulding around the glass and the fruit looks a little plasticy. Also, shouldn't the light casting on the desk have a little of the color of the glass in it??

Love the flowers. Nice job!

Melvil
01-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi, Moondog! Welcome! Nice way to start off. That's simply gorgeous! I love it.

I think labrown is right in that there should be some degree of colored lighting cast on the scene, but besides that I have no critiques.

Any chance of getting a larger render?

-Dave

starbase1
01-07-2004, 05:35 AM
Excellent work, lovely composition.
Perhaps the apples look slightly metallic?
Nick

Murphy
01-07-2004, 06:34 AM
It looks very nice, but shouldn't the stained glass be tinting the light different colours???

Murphy ( ^.^)/~~~

moondog
01-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the comments. I had wanted the color from the window to come through but did not know how. I forgot about the 'Color Filter' settings. I set it up like this. The window is a single plane affected by no lights and no rays; color channel is mapped with the stained glass graphic; luminosity is set to 120% and mapped with an alpha channel using a graphic of the window with only the lead lines showing. This makes the lead lines render black. Just behind it is a separate identical plane;color channel is mapped with the stained glass graphic; trnasparancy mapped with graphic of window and 'color filer' set to 100%. this is lit by a spot light which rnders the volumetrics. The rest of the scene is lit with 2 area lights: one for just the flowers and the vase, and another used as a fill light.
If anyone has suggestions about the apples please help. I presume they need some kind of bump texture?

labrown
01-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Looks cool and a nice improvement! Thanks for the tutorial too!