PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 7 pdf manual not working!

saajjj
03-08-2003, 07:27 PM
Yes i do realise the ambiguity in the subject. You're saying how does a pdf file not work.

Well the problem is that when I click on any of the chapter titles in the bookmark section the window doesn't display it.
For instance if I click on 'Chapter 9: Object Properties' nothing happens. So initially I started by pressing the pageup/pagedown key to navigate thru the whole manual, considering it's around 1100 pages it take a long time, and very frustrating. One day by mistake I clicked on a sub-heading eg . 'Object Replacement' under Chapter 9. in the manual and the screen jumped to it :D. Well yay.. but I still can't goto chapter headings directly.

Also I still can't get to the Index unless I scroll/page down to it from the last chapters last subheading.

And finally I don't know if this is supposed to work or not but the clicking on the index entries doesn't do anything either. I think clicking should take you to whatever page the index refers to.

At this point I'd like to point out that I got the manual from the lightwave/downloads section of the newtek site.
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/downloads/index.html
I have Acrobat Reader 5.1.0 on Window XP OS

Any help on this ? official/unofficial

Cheers