PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Instancing

Archigram
08-22-2019, 05:08 PM
I've been having trouble with Instancing for multiple objects in the same scene. The second object seems to affect the first, even though it has a different name and a unique Instance generator.

Several times I've built a series of simple instanced animations (clones of the original), each of which is a rectangular array with only X-expansion and X-offset (uniform) envelopes. This works exactly as intended.

BUT every time I try to add a new instanced object, with different envelopes, my original object loses some of its animation channels!

Has anyone had a similar problem with multiple object Instancing in the same scene?

Thanks

Running LW 2019.1 on MacPro OS 10.13.6

raw-m
08-22-2019, 11:40 PM
I’ve head something similar recently but couldn’t trace my steps to reproduce. If you can remember your steps please report it!!

Archigram
08-23-2019, 12:02 PM
I've been trying to do a simple version of this, but can't reproduce it from scratch. I'll keep trying and post when I get results.

In the mean time, I DID discover that my original scene file loses instancer envelopes (specifically in the offset channel) every time I IMPORT ITEMS FROM SCENE-- even if that item doesn't have an instance generator attached. (Not importing anything other than the object.)

See the attached screen shots: BEFORE has an active offset envelope; AFTER has an inactive envelope, though the keyframes still exist.